Monday, March 11, 2013

Bilbo Baggins Deed of Contract from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Thanks to a friend, I managed to get scans of the Noble Collection version of the Deed of Contract. They consist of 3 main panels with two smaller panels sewn on the left and right. Since I don't have a large format printer, I printed two halves of one panel on two separate A3 sheets and then glued them together as inconspicuously as possible. I used 165gsm watercolor paper which has a nice textured surface. These individual panels are weathered with coffee and then sewn together using reference pictures of the original prop and the prop replica offering from Weta. I used hemp twine for that authentic aged look.



I'm very pleased with the end-result and hope I can add a replica of the Key to Erebor to complete the collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment